A perfect lunch dish with some crusty bread and butter. Also good for using up the Stilton after Christmas.
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 25g butter
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 medium potato
- 1l chicken or vegetable stock
- about 300g broccoli
- 150g Stilton or other blue cheese
- pepper and salt
- Begin by preparing everything. Finely chop the leek and onion and peel and dice the potato. Remove the hard stalks from the broccoli and break up the florets.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan and then add the onions. Cook on a medium heat until soft, not browned.
- Add the leek and potato, stir and allow to sweat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock along with any chunky broccoli stalks and cook for about 15 minutes until all the veg are soft.
- Add the florets for 5 minutes then crumble in the cheese and stir until melted. Season, blitz until smooth then serve. You can garnish with a little cheese.