Totally scrummy pudding with the tartness of the lime and the sweetness of the biscuit. This is easy to make, tastes delicious and looks impressive.
Key Lime Pie
- 300g Hob Nobs
- 150g melted butter
- 1 tin condensed milk (400g)
- 3 egg yolks
- finely chopped zest and juice of 4 limes
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- extra lime zest to decorate
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Bash the biscuits to crumbs in a bowl with a rolling pin then add the melted butter and mix until combines. Press into a loose-based tart tin (22cm) and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Put the egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk for a minute with an electric whisk. Add the condensed milk and whisk for 2 minutes before adding the zest and juice and whisking for another 3 minutes. Pour the filling into the cooled base then put back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool then chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pie from the tin and put on a serving plate. Whip the cream and icing sugar together and spread onto the top of the pie and finish with extra lime zest.