Another easy but impressive dish which is delicious served with fluffy mash and some greens. We had this for Sunday dinner last night without all of the work that goes with a traditional Sunday roast. It is worth buying Gressingham duck legs as they are very meaty.
Roast Duck Leg With Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce
- 4 duck legs
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled but whole
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 350ml red wine
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4. Place the garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs in a roasting tray with the duck legs on top. Sprinkle with Maldon salt and black pepper and roast for about an hour.
- In the meantime heat the wine and redcurrant jelly in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer until reduced by about a third.
- Add the sauce to the duck after about an hour and cook for 10 – 15 minutes more. The skin should be crispy and the meat juicy.
- Serve with mash and the veg of your choice.