Tesco have started stocking lamb range by Silver Fern Farms which include some great cuts of meat which are very quick to cook and serve – perfect if you have little time but still want to impress. They are not cheap but lamb generally seems a little pricey at the moment.
This recipe uses the Lamb Loin Fillet (£8 for two loins but it would stretch to three servings as suggested on the packet.) I like to marinate the lamb for a couple of ours beforehand but this is not totally necessary.
Pan Fried Rosemary & Garlic Lamb Fillet
- 2 lamb loin fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- a tsp chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Black pepper
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, rosemary leaves, salt and pepper together and pour over the lamb. Leave for a couple of hours if possible.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan to a high heat and splash a tiny bit of oil in (the lamb already has oil on so you shouldn’t need much).
- Place the lamb in and fry each side for about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Rest for 5 minutes then cut in to slices to serve.
- Delicious served with boulangere potatoes.